Monday, December 31, 2007

My Favorite Photoshop Effects of 2007 - #1 "Flood"


I just thought I'd throw this together for my 'end of year' post! Photoshop has a plethora of stunning effects, and if you use them well, they can really blow everyone's mind (including your own), and cause a veritable grahic revolution in your office or home!!!


This particular effect is not a Photoshop native effect, rather a "Plug In" I purchased to use in conjunction with Photoshop called "Flood." It is by Flaming Pear Software, and is worth the $40 investment, trust me. Take a regular old landscape and add a beautiful, wavy water effect under it. Looks natural or surreal, you control the parameters completely. This is the best Photoshop effect plug in I've ever used, and it wins my 2007 Photoshop effect favorites hands down! I thought the effect lent itself very well to my example here of lightning I shot over Red Rock Canyon, Nevada. The photo is just a black foreground with a bright lightning bolt overhead. The flood effect adds a beautiful foreground that is much more exciting!

No comments: